Do not forget the attention to detail! Ha! ha!
Or an Asian pear, kiwi, radish salad with a "Mrs Balls bladjang" dressing.
( I folded the napkin to resemble a fortune cookie)
Or a carrot salad and juice with my hand carved carrot and bell pepper palm tree!
Beta carotene taken to the extreme! This carrot juice has a fizzy element of surprise. I make this salad all the time!!!
Click here for ingredients
Or a cucumber, guacamole and tomato salad with sambal oelek (intermittent pangs of spicy pleasure !)
After all that chocolate on Halloween I felt the need to make a colorful salad everyday these past few days. Armed with such healthy and beautiful presentations of fruits and vegetables, one can almost skip the main course which is normally meat and potatoes or a seafood dish! In fact here in "my salad bar" these salads will be the entrees and all you are going to eat ! All the meat and seafood dishes will have to take a back seat!
Pineapple and banana salad : (Please use organic when possible)
- Scoop out the flesh of pineapple with a melon baller
- 2 green onions chopped
- Roast a red bell and green bell pepper, remove the skin and chop
- 2 bananas diced , squeeze fresh orange over this to inhibit oxidation
- 1 apple peeled and diced and again coat with some orange juice
- Half of a small red onion chopped.
- 1 T chopped cilantro
- 1 T brown organic sugar crystals
- 1 orange juiced, 2T lime juice and 1T lemon juice
- 1 small jalapeno ( seeds removed and minced/ or add the seeds if you like the heat)
Asian pear salad:
- I used 2 Asian pears, 4 kiwis, some radishes and a spring lettuce mix.
Cucumber and guacamole salad:
- 2 avocados diced
- half of a small onion finely minced
- jalapeno chopped
- half of 1 t pounded garlic
- 1 t roasted garlic and bell pepper seeds
- kosher salt to taste
- some lime juice (fresh)
Mansi over at the Fun & Food cafe is hosting a vegetarian Thanksgiving. Click on her logo below and experience this holiday carnival that would open up a whole new world of culinary delights!
For this Sunflower sprout, toasted pine nut, roasted
cherry tomatoes, dried fruit & the star of this recipe,
Sour fig dressing, ( I made the dressing from sour figs)
from South Africa! click here
See this really inexpensive lattice pocket pie mold HERE (William Sonoma)
Only thing is I made my filling a lightly spiced, ground beef
See how easy this train was here. If you can handle a pizza cutter,
you too can make this chocolate gingerbread train. The food
processor did all the mixin! I glued the parts together with chocolate
& I have all the templates for ya!
Click on this link & see very latest salads & many more on my new blog: www.giddygastronome.com
& also my cute napkin folding.......So easy, a child could do it!
Tahitian vanilla powder scones