topped with layers of zabaglione and " flake"
chocolate in between layers!
The Martinelli's sparkling apple creates a foamy, light as air, zabaglione!!!
This tiramisu ignites a feeling more fantastical than lust, every time I am about to devour this ethereal beauty. I know no peace until every last bite is gone! My friends and family wholeheartedly agree with everything I said here ! He! he!
I make mine without liquor! Martinelli's came to my rescue he! he!
Check out my other presentation as well, click on bottom link!
Please use organic ingredients when possible!
- 7 ( Egg lands Best) egg yolks
- 1/2 c organic sugar crystals ( less 2 T)
- 1/3 c Martinelli's sparkling apple cider. If you absolutely cannot find the Martinelli's then go on, use non-alcoholic sparkling white grape.
- 1 c organic heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz mascarpone at room temp.
- 1 & 1/2 c brewed espresso coffee
- 2 T Torani hazelnut syrup
- 1 T vanilla( I use the one from Santo Domingo)
- 2 bags ladyfingers ( You will not use all of it)
- 6 squares dark Lindt chocolate
- 2 flakes ( English chocolate), optional
- Dutch cocoa for garnishing
- strawberries for garnishing,
Prep for the ladyfingers ( Vicenzi brand):
Combine the espresso, Torani, 6 squares chocolate, vanilla and heat gently stirring to dissolve the chocolate. Cool this mixture. Dip each lady finger very quickly, ( for a second on each side), in this mixture and arrange in a single layer in a pretty dish. Cover with a layer of zabaglione and sprinkle with the flake and arrange another layer of ladyfingers on top and continue until done. Garnish with the cocoa,( I grated some dark chocolate on the fine side of the grater and mixed with the dutch cocoa) & also strawberries, just to make the dessert look pretty.
To make the raspberry & strawberry coolie
Macerate about 4oz each of both berries with a little organic powdered sugar. Place in a blender with juice of an organic lemon & just taste to see whether it is sweet enough. Do not add the lemon juice all at once, otherwise it may be too sour! The layer of this coolie on the bottom is a refreshing twist & element of surprise to the taste buds and cuts through the rich foamy layers of zabaglione.
I bet you are going to savor this dessert as much I, my family, friends and clients, do!
A great tip!
Always make the tiramisu, the night before, so that all the flavors and layers can meld together!
Also for more great ways to enjoy icy cold Martinelli's, maybe with a spicy curry lattice pie
go here www.giddygastronome.com
& here Beta carotene taken to the extreme (I just have to add a splash of Martinelli's sparkling apple, it just gives it that va, va, va, voom!