Thursday, September 4, 2008

An Ethereal wonder : tiramisu

Raspberry & strawberry coolie on the bottom,
topped with layers of zabaglione
and " flake"
chocolate in between layers
!



The Martinelli's sparkling apple creates a foamy, light as air, zabaglione!!!

Strawberry tiramisu








This tiramisu ignites a feeling more fantastical than lust, every time I am about to devour this ethereal beauty. I know no peace until every last bite is gone! My friends and family wholeheartedly agree with everything I said here ! He! he!

I make mine without liquor! Martinelli's came to my rescue he! he!

Check out my other presentation as well, click on bottom link!
http://giddygastronome.blogspot.com/2008/03/tiramisu.html


Ingredients:
Please use organic ingredients when possible!

  • 7 ( Egg lands Best) egg yolks
  • 1/2 c organic sugar crystals ( less 2 T)
  • 1/3 c Martinelli's sparkling apple cider. If you absolutely cannot find the Martinelli's then go on, use non-alcoholic sparkling white grape.
  • 1 c organic heavy whipping cream
  • 8 oz mascarpone at room temp.
  • 1 & 1/2 c brewed espresso coffee
  • 2 T Torani hazelnut syrup
  • 1 T vanilla( I use the one from Santo Domingo)
  • 2 bags ladyfingers ( You will not use all of it)
  • 6 squares dark Lindt chocolate
  • 2 flakes ( English chocolate), optional
  • Dutch cocoa for garnishing
  • strawberries for garnishing,
Set up a bain- marie ( water bath) on the stove and cream together the yolks and the sugar in this heat proof bowl over simmering water for about 10 mins. Pour in the Martinelli's and beat with electric beater until the volume is thick and doubled,( this will cook the egg yolks in a way). Remove the bain marie from the heat and gingerly fold in the mascarpone. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. This is my way of making a zabaglione. Whip the heavy whipping cream in a bowl, but set the bowl in some ice to keep the cream chilled. Fold this cream into your zabaglione and refrigerate again until set, (30 minutes).

Prep for the ladyfingers ( Vicenzi brand):

Combine the espresso, Torani, 6 squares chocolate, vanilla and heat gently stirring to dissolve the chocolate. Cool this mixture. Dip each lady finger very quickly, ( for a second on each side), in this mixture and arrange in a single layer in a pretty dish. Cover with a layer of zabaglione and sprinkle with the flake and arrange another layer of ladyfingers on top and continue until done. Garnish with the cocoa,( I grated some dark chocolate on the fine side of the grater and mixed with the dutch cocoa) & also strawberries, just to make the dessert look pretty.

To make the raspberry & strawberry coolie

Macerate about 4oz each of both berries with a little organic powdered sugar. Place in a blender with juice of an organic lemon & just taste to see whether it is sweet enough. Do not add the lemon juice all at once, otherwise it may be too sour! The layer of this coolie on the bottom is a refreshing twist & element of surprise to the taste buds and cuts through the rich foamy layers of zabaglione.
I bet you are going to savor this dessert as much I, my family, friends and clients, do!


A great tip!
Always make the tiramisu, the night before, so that all the flavors and layers can meld together!



Also for more great ways to enjoy icy cold Martinelli's, maybe with a spicy curry lattice pie

go here www.giddygastronome.com

& here Beta carotene taken to the extreme (I just have to add a splash of Martinelli's sparkling apple, it just gives it that va, va, va, voom!



Love,
Nazarina.









12 comments:

John Newman said...

Wow. That does look amazing. I met it tastes even better.

Have you ever tried making your own ladyfingers? I did. Once. The results were less than spectacular. :)

Reeni said...

My mouth is watering reading all the exquisite ingredients and looking at your gorgeous presentation! I love the drinking glass one; did you save it for me!?

Nazarina A said...

Hi John,

I shall be making my ladyfingers from scratch soon, just awaiting the ladyfinger pan I purchased from the net. I would like to make a ladyfinger with fresh strawberries in the batter.

Nazarina A said...

Reeni,
That one is all yours!

Anonymous said...

oh, my favorite
Ron.

Kajal@aapplemint said...

quite a wonderful blog you have here. n ooh i love this gorgeous dessert u have here. what say i trade my cake for yours :)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your Tiramisù looks gorgeous and very pretty! Yummy!

Thanks for passing by :-D!

Cheers,

Rosa

Clumbsy Cookie said...

What a great blog you have here, I'm so glad I found it! I love what you say on the "about me" section! Beautiful tiramisu as well!

vanillasugarblog said...

Wow! Simply a work of art. Too fancy to eat.

Lisa magicsprinkles said...

Wow! Just wow! This looks so magnificent all the way from ingredients to presentation. Well done.

Unknown said...

wow!you are very creative.yum yum!I feel like having one now :)

The Food Hunter said...

I love Tira Misu and yours looks extra specially good. Is it possible to get a piece of that :-)