Saturday, March 8, 2008

Shrimp curry, savory basmati rice and papadoms





This is my son's favorite dish.
I am a complete food snob where this curry is concerned. This is "no curry in a hurry". Even though the shrimp is a quick cook the ingredients I prep for this dish is not. I roast the garlic, half of a lemon and orange or tangerine in the oven with a little olive oil and kosher salt and ultimately forms the basis of the sauce. The tomatoes has to be peeled and grated and the green onions should be a small dice. Of course cilantro, ginger root and my spices also join this party! Urad with black peppercorns ( papadoms) and a kachoomer are sometimes served alongside this flavorful dish. White rice is the color of choice but its my " party and I'll cook what I want to."
Nazarina

No comments: